Next week, I will be in China on my 18th trip to the Middle Kingdom. This trip will combine visits to urban and rural areas in an effort to gain more insight into a changing China. Like most trips, this trip will have a few phases and purposes.
- Expedition Phase in the Southwest: Kunming, Lijiang, Dali, Xishuangbanna (all in Yunnan), Guilin
- Researching Rural Education with Stanford University’s Rural Education Action Program (REAP): Xi’an, Chengdu and surrounding areas
- Understanding China’s travel industry through working on the marketing team at WildChina
- Short trips visiting Dandong, Shanghai and Inner Mongolia
- The Journey Home (via Delhi and Ladakh, India)
“I now walk into the wild.” — Christopher McCandless
一路顺风 (may the wind be at your back)!
Featured photo: Lijiang, July 2018