你好 from Shanghai!
You haven’t heard from the blog in a while. We’ve been really busy traveling throughout China!
I would like to take this post to introduce this trip’s itinerary. This trip is unofficially named “Expedition 13,” as it is my 13th trip to China. More notes from the field will follow.
This trip is divided into 4 phases:
- To the Map’s Edge: Kunming, Lijiang and Lashihai (June 27-July 3)
- Urban Exploration: Chengdu, Shanghai and Beijing (July 4-July 9)
- Capital Living: Beijing (July 10-August 11)
- The Journey Home (August 12-August 15)
Phase 3 (Capital Living: Beijing) is divided into 4 sub-phases:
- Internship at a local bicycle shop
- Chinese classes
- Weekend trips to other nearby cities
- Living in a Beijing apartment.
There you have a basic overview of the weeks to come. More posts and photos to follow!